miércoles, 18 de abril de 2012

READING - IF I WON THE LOTTERY (4º)

Read the text and answer the questions:

        My name is Trevor and I'm a vet. I live in Truro in Cornwall, England. If I won €1000000, the first thing I'd do is buy things for myself. I'd buy a new car because my old car has just broken down, I'd also buy a new laptop and I'd invite all my friends and family to a wonderful dinner. I'm very keen on water sports so I'd learn how to windsurf well.
        I'd help my family too. My brother is unemployed at the moment and he loves mobile phones but he can't afford a good one. I'd buy him the latest smartphone so that he could phone people, take photos and videos or use the Internet. My mum and dad have always wanted to travel and see the world. I'd take them on a really good holiday, maybe to The Caribbean or to Australia.
        I'd donate a lot of money to charities, especially in the Third World where people are starving to death. I'd also give some money to charities that help poor children. I don't like wars so I'd work with charities that fight against them.
        Finally, I'd save a lot of the money for the future, because I will need money for my pet shop. I'd buy a beautiful ring for my fiancée too. We are getting married next year. What would you do if you won €1000000 ?



Writing:

Write a text about what you would do if you won the lottery. Use this guide:

       Introduction - "If I won the lottery, the first thing......"
       Paragraph 1 - What would you buy for yourself?
       Paragraph 2 - What would you buy for your family and friends?
       Paragraph 3 - Would you donate any money to charities? Why? Why not?
       Paragraph 4 - Would you save any money? What for?


You can print your essay or write it in your notebook. Ask your teachers for help.



HERE is a good dictionary.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario